Yes, Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 13, and Vancouver has lots of options for last-minute gifts, from special deals and events to share with Mom to Vancouver’s best spa treatments, sweets, gifts for new moms and more.
10 Last-Minute Vancouver Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
1. Take Mom to the Vancouver Art Gallery for free on Sunday, May 13: You pay for your own admission to VAG and Mom gets in free. Current exhibits include Emily Carr and the Theatre of Transcendence and the fantastic Beat Nation: Art, Hip Hop and Aboriginal Culture.
2. Pamper Mom at one of Vancouver’s best spas: 8 Vancouver Spa Treatments to Make You Melt.
3. If spa treatments are out of the budget, take Mom to Whole Foods on Robson on Saturday, May 12, for Whole Foods Market Mother’s Day High Tea Pampering Event, where you can treat her to a massage and mini-makeover for just $20.
4. Indulge her appetite at one the top spots for Mother’s Day Brunch.
5. For moms who love sweets, there are lots of options for Mother’s Day: Thierry will have unique delicacies in-store on May 13, including their famous handmade chocolates, or you can buy beautiful selections from the Best Vancouver Chocolate Shops Chocolatiers.
6. Is the mom in your life brand-new? The Best Vancouver Baby Stores have lots of fabulous fun and practical gifts for new moms.
7. Does your mom love to cook? Give her an award-winning Vancouver restaurant cookbook.
8. Eco-conscious moms—and moms into interior design—will love a ticket to the EPIC: The Sustainable Living Expo, on May 11 – 13 at the Vancouver Convention Centre; tickets are just $12 per person.
9. Afternoon Tea is a great alternative to Mother’s Day Brunch for moms who like to sleep in: Special Afternoon Teas for Mother’s Day 2012.
10. Check out the Vancouver Deal of the Day, a composite site that brings together daily deals for Vancouver from a range of “deal” sites, including Groupon, StealTheDeal.com, and EthicalDeal.com, for special deals leading up to Mother’s Day 2012.
Have more ideas for last-minute Mother’s Day gifts or special Mother’s Day deals in Vancouver? Please share in the comments.