ABOUT BIKE TO WORK WEEK
MAY 28- JUNE 3, 2012
Bike to Work Week (BTWW) encourages people to commute to work via bicycle. Riding a bike to work instead of commuting via car promotes healthy lifestyles and prevention of health issues through regular exercise! The Sea to Sky Clean Air Society (www.seatoskyairquality.ca) supports this mandate and is coordinating the event in Whistler and Squamish.
Bike to Work Week aims to motivate residents to try cycling to work during the event, as well as helps to break down perceived barriers that keep people from cycling to work on a regular basis. Commuting to work is the number one cause of carbon emissions and choosing to cycle instead, even for part of the time, can have dramatic results.
Bike to Work Week’s essential components include:
• Engagement of workplaces in a wide variety of organizations, of all sizes
• Engagement of employees as team leaders–participation and registration is done through a team leader model—Team leaders in each workplace (champion volunteers) educate and motivate their co-workers
• Bike to Work BC website (www.biketowork.ca) as a central resource that provides convenient, free, online registration and a participant reporting system, allowing us to collect data and measure results for each region
• Celebration stations hosted by sponsors and volunteers throughout the community
• An exciting incentive program of prizes
• Promoting cycling safety through eNewsletters, the website, and (where possible) Cycling Safety Courses
Bike to Work Week helps build a more vibrant, green, healthier community in which to live!
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
1) Register to participate at www.biketowork.ca
2) Become a Celebration Station sponsor
3) Donate a prize
4) Volunteer during the event
Coordinator (Whistler Squamish)
Cell: 604-698-7697 Email:email@example.com
Article source: http://www.whistlereventsguide.com/node/7110