Bikes and Birthday Suits at the Vancouver Naked Bike Ride
This Saturday, June 14th cyclists are going as bare as they dare for the 2014 Vancouver Naked Bike Ride starting at noon at Sunset Beach. If biking in your birthday suit sparks your interest, you can join hundreds of happy naked cyclists as they tour the city in the buff.
From the shy to the bold, as bare as you dare means you could wear a scuba suit and still be able to participate in the free event.
The Vancouver Naked Bike Ride is a part of the World Naked Bike Ride group that are connected by their determination to all be naked on their bikes on WNBR Day, riding in celebration, jubilation to deliver a vision of a cleaner, safer, body-positive world to the masses.
The Vancouver event on June 14th will include body painting and performances before the ride. As well as a picnic following the ride, hosted by niftynude.org. The ride, pre and post-ride activities are all free.
If you do want to cross an item off your bucket list and participate in the Vancouver Naked Bike Ride, there are a few tips for first timers:
- Prepare for riding rain or shine!
- If it’s sunny, put on sunscreen!
- You do not have to be naked to join the ride.
- Wear shoes!
- If you’re shy, we start the ride with some clothing on and then stop away from the crowds to get more bare!
- Keep your clothes with you — you never know when you may need them (like… after the ride).
- Decorate your bike! Come with signs and funky hats!
- Cover your bike seat with fun fur!
- Ride safely and stay together as a group.
So, if you’re wandering around Vancouver on Saturday, June 14th and happen to see a group of happy, hollering cyclists baring all, now you’ll know what’s going on!
What do you think about the Vancouver naked bike ride? Let us know in the comment section below!
Article source: http://www.insidevancouver.ca/2014/06/13/bikes-and-birthday-suits-at-the-vancouver-naked-bike-ride/