Whether you’re planning your best friend’s bachelorette party or a relaxing retreat with mom, Vancouver is the perfect destination for a fabulous girls’ getaway.
1. What’s girls’ night without a few cocktails? Take it up a notch and book a “rookie” cocktail class at The Diamond in Gastown – options include Rum Rum Cocktails and Contemporary Cocktails Food Pairings. Under the direction of an expert bartender, you and your girls will prepare six delicious drinks and sample tasty snacks along the way. Classes are available Tuesdays and Sundays, 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm (starting at $90 per person).
2. Catch a flick in style with Movie Nights at SOCIETY. On the first Wednesday of every month, the restaurant’s fun and flirty upper-level lounge transforms into a makeshift cinema with plush seating, a projector screen and surround sound. What’s more, you can enjoy tasty snacks and alcoholic bevvies throughout the show. To reserve a spot, call 604.629.8800 (admission is free).
3. Relax and rejuvenate with traditional Middle Eastern spa treatments at Miraj Hammam Spa. Your experience begins with a relaxing cleanse in the steam chamber followed by a luxurious Gommage (scrub with authentic Moroccan soap). Afterwards, recline on velvet beds and silk cushions in the Sultana Lounge while enjoying traditional tea and sweet cakes. To view the spa’s ladies-only hours, click here.
4. Shop the city’s most fashionable neighbourhoods with Shopabout Tours. Led by an expert guide, you’ll visit artisan studios, boutiques and designer shops while receiving exclusive discounts along the way. Shop ‘til you drop on one of four existing tours, or create a personalized tour that fits the needs of your group (starting at $40 per person).
5. Start off the day with a little namaste. Every Thursday morning, Lululemon’s Robson Street location offers complimentary in-store yoga classes taught in both English and Japanese (7:30 am to 8:30 am). Complimentary mats are also provided.