Being a social media geek, I’ve always prided myself on knowing how to do “cool things” on social media. The one thing that I’m horrible at (meaning “I don’t know how to do”) is graphic design. However, with the evolution and growth of the iPhone app directory, I’ve discovered a way to add words and “art” to my images. There are many apps out there that can do this but the one that stole my creative heart is the app called Over.
When browsing their website I was very impressed with the design and effort they put into their brand. I mean, they even have a press kit! So, there are many things that I love about this app and I will share with you the reasons why you should spend $1.99 on this one.
This is what I like:
- You upload your own picture.
- Select the font colour and style when captioning your picture.
- Can add art, both doodles and artsy words (free and add-ons).
- You can move, size, center, (and more) your artwork and text.
- You can edit your pictures (tint and crop).
- There is a “sharing” features for your finished product.
- There is a marketplace with free and for purchase downloads (fonts and art).
- This app is REALLY easy to use.
- I found that I always had high-end and professional results.
- You can delete art and text you have added and it’s easy to do.
- You only pay $1.99.
This is what isn’t totally awesome with the app:
- It’s only available on iPhone and iPad.
- You need to create an account and log in for the free downloads (I had trouble remembering my username).
- It’s a bit of a process to install your own fonts (but I like their fonts and have no need to use my own).
- If you have chubby thumbs, like me, you can sometimes add art you wish to not add.
- This app is not free.
So, I encourage you to buy this app and start enhancing the uniqueness of your pictures. With that, I leave you with some of my recent creations:
Do you have a website, app or something techie you want Blair to review? Tweet her: @blairkaplanpr. Blair Kaplan is a Pemberton/Whistler based Communications Professional who loves cats, travelling, tattoos and all things interesting.
Article source: http://www.whistlerisawesome.com/2014/02/06/tech-tails-over/