My name is WIlliam Long. I’m 30, and I am the photographer behind New Guy Photography. I’m originally from Tillsonburg, Ontario (and yes; my back still aches when I hear that word). I first moved to Lake Louise in 2003, and moved to Whistler nearly 8 years ago.
Of all of the things I photograph; my favorite subjects are: good times with friends, random bugs, and interesting weather.
Thanks, and enjoy.
01. Best part of opening the high alpine lifts. The view. It can’t be beat, and no one is around to bother you.
02. Bugs are effing Rad. Take the time to check them out, and you’ll be amazed. Anyone seen the Alf episode with the giant ant?
03. Aurora happens in Whistler. J uly 9th was proof. It was dim, but exciting.
04. Disc Golf can be frustrating. No big deal, just smash it into the ground. You’ll feel better.
05. Go camp.
06. Go camp with your friends.
07. Battle of the sexes: Epic flipcup edition. (Girls won BTW)
08. Iridium Flares: It’s like looking for the ISS, but it only lasts a few seconds. More info on those, and when to see them near you @ www.heavensabove.com
What Neighborhood do you live in?
I currently live in White Gold. Clearly the best subdivision to live in.
What do you do and where?
I am a Millwright Apprentice with the Lift Maintenance department on Blackcomb Mountain. Say “HI”!
What are you working on?
At WB we’re currently doing tower work on the Showcase T-bar. In my spare time I have a huge backlog of photos to work on. Hopefully I will have some more photos up at the Fitzsimmons Pub (by the time you read this).
Where can we find your work?
There are a couple of photos still up at the Fitz Pub. Hopefully I can pull together a dozen or so by mid August. Other awesome stuff can be found at: