Summer fun in Vancouver continues through August with loads of great, free events and activities for the whole family!
10 Free Things to Do in Vancouver in August
1. Watch the Fireworks! The Celebration of Light Fireworks Competition continues with two more nights of amazing fireworks displays on Wednesday, August 3, and Saturday, August 6, 2011.
2. Party before the fireworks at SHOREfest, the free concert series that runs from 7pm – 10pm on August 3 and August 6 at three of the best fireworks-watching spots: Vanier Park, Kitsilano Beach, and English Bay Beach.
3. Go multicultural at the annual, free Vancouver Chinatown Festival, August 6 – 7, 2011.
4. Take the whole family to a free, outdoor movie: complete list here.
5. Salsa dance for free every Sunday in Robson Square through August 28, 2011.
7. Enjoy free, outdoor theatre with Shadows and Dreams Theatre Company’s performance of Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew at Queen’s Park Bandshell in New Westminster, on August 6 – 7, 2011.
8. Get a team together for tennis, beach hockey, basketball, or volleyball at KitsFest on August 12 – 14, 2011, a “sports and healthy living festival” on Kitsialno Beach that includes DJs, kids’ activities, food, and more.
9. Explore Vancouver’s summer markets: The Asian-style Summer Night Market in Richmond and Vancouver Chinatown Night Market, and the neighbourhood Vancouver Farmers’ Markets.
Have more ideas for free fun in August? Please share in the comments!