The pumpkin spice latte made its 2018 debut a bit early (August) – but chillier temperatures have set in Vancouver, so it’s time for Vancouverites and visitors alike to get their PSL fix. Not only can you get the lovely scent of cinnamon and nutmeg in a hot beverage at the city’s best local cafes, but also in some other autumn treats that you won’t be able to resist!
PSL or Bust
Let’s start with trendsetter, the hot beverage that started it all. Ask any of these local coffee shops for a PSL and you will not be disappointed. Most also have pumpkin spice variants of other popular hot beverages and can also make vegan options. Pick one up to have while you walk around checking out Vancouver’s fall foliage!
- 49th Parallel (Various Locations)
- Blenz Coffee (Various Locations)
- Second Cup (312-595 Burrard St)
- Waves Coffee (Various Locations)
- Trees Organic Coffee (Various Locations)
- And yes, we have many Starbucks in Vancouver. So, if you’re looking for the OG version, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Honour Your Sweet Tooth
While my write ups tend to be more about healthy food, any pumpkin spice laced food makes my mouth water! Every now and then it’s nice to have a treat, and you know that cinnamon and nutmeg aroma is hard to resist. Here are some cafes and shops that are featuring some tasty pumpkin flavoured sweets.
- Lucky’s Doughnuts (Various Locations) – 49th Parallel Coffee owns this doughnut chain and they have a Pumpkin Cheesecake option!
- Thomas Haas (2539 W Broadway) – This well-renowned patisserie makes lovely chocolates and has adorable Pumpkin chocolates.
- Thierry (1059 Alberni St) – Three words: Pumpkin Tart. Downtown. You’re welcome.
Raise a Glass
Many of Vancouver’s brewpubs are known for their seasonal pumpkin craft ales.
- Steamworks Brewing Company (327 Water Street) – The Steamworks Pumpkin Ale is an award-winning seasonal that is always popular with locals and visitors.
- Central City Brewpub (871 Beatty St) – Central City’s Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Ale is back and available at their Downtown location.
- Yaletown Brewing Co (1111 Mainland St.) – Look out for their Nightmare on Helmcken Street Pumpkin Ale!
- Parallel 49 Brewing (1950 Triumph St) – Parallel 49’s annual Pumpkin Oktoberfest Schadenfreude is a local favourite, and their new tasting room is the place to be on Halloween.
- Craft Beer Market (Salt Building – 85 West 1st Ave) – With one of Vancouver’s best lists of local, national, and international beers, Craft will have a great selection of seasonal beers for you to try.
Change It Up Do Some Good
If you aren’t down with pumpkin spice, but still want a fun latte (and wouldn’t mind the added bonus have the added bonus of supporting cancer research), visit any Blenz location in Vancouver for their Pink Latte. Available only in October, the Pink Latte features a warm blend of vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and beetroot. 50 cents of every purchase of the Pink Latte will go to the Canadian Cancer Society. If that doesn’t make you feel warm and fuzzy this fall, I don’t know what will.
Share your Vancouver pumpkin spice and other autumn adventures with us by tagging us @inside_vancouver and #VeryVancouver on Instagram!